|CALL TO POLITICAL LEADERS FOR TRANSPARENT AND PARTICIPATIVE PROCESS OF DECISION MAKING|
CALL TO POLITICAL LEADERS FOR TRANSPARENT AND PARTICIPATIVE PROCESS OF DECISION MAKING CONCERNING THE AGREEMENT OF JUNE 2 AND JULY 15, 2015
31.08.2015 The Platform of Civil Society Organizations for Fight against Corruption and Network 23 issues a call to all parties involved in the decision making on issues set out with the political parties’ Agreement and its annex for openness, transparency and involvement of civil society and all stakeholders.
We, member organizations of the two networks, believe that the implementation of this Agreement is imperative. In these key moments for the future of our country, it is necessary for the processes to be open and to ensure involvement and contribution of the civil sector and the other stakeholders in finding solutions and making decisions.
Starting from the democratic values we share, taking into account the role of the civil society to monitor and observe, to support with wider involvement of the stakeholders and the citizens, and with the capacity and expertise which we possess, as CSOs, we pledge to:
1. Transparent and responsible manner of all political parties;
2. Draft Action Plan for implementation of the urgent priority reforms based on the European Commission Report of the EU Expert Group, to be published by the Government;
3. The National Assembly to provide the CSOs to monitor the work of the Assembly starting from 1 September until its dissolution by: participating in Committees’ hearings and organized public debates related to the Action Plan and related issues;
4. The Negotiators to ensure that the general public is informed about the work of the political parties’ working groups that decide upon the measures provided by the Agreement, based on harmonized statements upon each meeting;
5. The Negotiators to ensure the transparency of the process of defining the role of the special Public Prosecutor and the participation of all stakeholders;
At the same time we are ready to contribute by:
• Providing expertise, analyzes, reports and publications adequate to the issues of the political parties’ Agreement and the Urgent priority reforms;
• Monitoring the implementation of the Action Plan by issuing regular weekly alerts on the progress implementation;
• Monitoring the work of the key independent and regulatory bodies such as: the Judicial Council; the Council of Public Prosecutors; State Commission for Prevention of Corruption, the State Election Commission, the Agency for audio and audiovisual media services; etc.
• Following the procedures on subjects which will be under the jurisdiction of the special Public Prosecutor, and other judicial investigations significant for the Urgent priority reforms.
We assure that our approach will be constructive and independent, ground on our fully awareness of personal responsibility.
CSOs Platform for Anti-Corruption is founded on December 9th, 2014 by 15 CSOs. The Platform aims towards proactive, dynamic and enabled civil society that will have important role in the fight against corruption.
Network 23 is a network of 11 CSOs, established in July 2015. The Network seeks to foster public debate in Republic of Macedonia on issues related to the judiciary and fundamental rights covered by Chapter 23 of the EU accession, to ensure impact on public authorities and the general public, based on a research and advocacy, grounded on evidence and arguments as to enable active citizens participation in key issues of democracy and rule of law.
Platform for Fight against Corruption and Network 23
|< Prev||Next >|